Thursday, October 15, 2009

Another week of youth ministry in the bucket, tank, books, whatever you're comfortable with. Sunday night the high school kids carved pumpkins. I'm not sure of the spiritual relevance of that, but these kids need to just have fun sometimes also. I'll try to post a nice video of their hard work soon.

The Early Herd went a little less well today than I would have liked ending with them being dismissed early for behavioral issues. I don't mind so much when the won't listen to me when I'm trying to teach, but I didn't take kindly to them being rude while my wife was trying to talk so we ended early without gametime. Just in case you hear any rumors about the storming mad youth leader. I'm sure word will travel fast. We really only let out about 10 minutes early so they weren't too deprived. Next week will be better. I'll have to tailor my talks a little more to their age group also. It's all a learning process for me.

The Herd went well I think other than our perpetual struggle with the technology aspect. Right before I was to give the talk time all the microphones mysteriously stopped working. I am not making this stuff up. The prior two weeks my powerpoints that I teach from all of a sudden either didn't work or just plain weren't there anymore. I call that opposition. There's a whole nother realm at work on some of this stuff I think. Anyway I got to shout my message without the aid of a microphone. The youth people did magnificently. They were attentive for the most part and even appropriate with their comments. The music went well despite the lack of practice on Monday which was exciting. The band is improving leaps and bounds.

Outside of ministry the 7th grade volleyball season ended on Tuesday with us winning the Hampton-Dumont Quad Tournament. I am very proud of our girls and hope they'll all stay out next year.

That's all I have for now. I have to get Macy home for a bath, bed, and taking her and Josie to MOPS tomorrow. God bless and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment