Wednesday, October 7, 2009

If I Only Had Two Heads

All done with another week of Early Herd and Herd. Hopefully the night was beneficial to the young people. If nothing else they know that they shouldn't cross dress. You'll have to ask the Herd kids about that. The sixth graders are an always interesting group. As the title states, I wish I had two heads. That way I think I would be more entertaining for them and able to keep them more involved. I attempted to tell the 7th and 8th graders what a "rhetorical question" was, if I even spelled that right. It ended up with me just saying "rhetorical" where I normally would have added that "shhhhh" sound that you make when you want someone to be quiet. All in all I had an enjoyable time complete with a diving interception by me in touch football that had to be reviewed in the booth. The call stood. I'm not quite sure I didn't trap it, but it must have looked cool enough to impress a bunch of middleschoolers.

Tomorrow and Friday are that last two days of volleyball for us 7th graders. I don't know what I'll do with myself when I don't get to go to the gym every day and work with those young ladies. They are hard workers and are still improving even in these last days of practice. I hope our new team divisions work out in our tournament next week. They are really starting to play well together with the girls they are grouped with. So "GO FALCONS." Hope we can bring home the gold or whatever you get for winning this tournament. Our girls are the best and I won't listen to anyone who says otherwise.

That's enough if you're even still reading this. God is good and has brought the Student Connection through another week of corrupt power point files that consume entire mornings and computer crashes that consume entire days, maybe weeks, don't tell the board. Another week of not being able to find the keys for one mower and breaking the throttle cable on the other. Most importantly another week of trying to share God's love and truth with some of the most important people I'll ever meet, the young people of our community.

God bless,
adam

No comments:

Post a Comment