Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day Off

We have moved our Sabbath to Mondays. I didn't post yesterday because I meant to do it right before bed and I must have fallen asleep before I thought of it. I had a wonderful time with my family yesterday. We had church at home and studied the parable of the soils. Kids really understand a lot more than we give them credit for sometimes.

This morning I got up late and spent more time at home with the little ones. We built a pirate ship in the living room out of a giant cardboard box that our table saw came in. It is complete with cannons, a mast, and a sail. Pretty sweet if you ask me, but then I made it so I'm biased. Think about how God views you then? Since He made you He's biased toward you.

Finally I am at work now. I have done a little cleaning, a little organizing, a little unloading of band equipment, and now I am working on a lesson about wisdom for the 6th graders. The older kids will be studying John chapter 8. I'm a little embarrassed, but I don't remember right off what that is about. I have about 24 hours to figure it out. It'll be good.

I was hoping that the ice rink would be ready for tomorrow night, but two more days of warmish weather kind of goofed that up. Oh well :(

I start my new class Theology 201 this week. It should be interesting. My video lecturer is the guy I like so it will be fun. Now I just have to make time for studying again. I was enjoying my break from school. I am glad to get back to it though. Learning is a good thing.

Basketball practice is in about a half an hour. We have been off for 3 days so we'll see what kind of shape we're in after the kids have spent all that time on the couch. I had more athletic activity last week than I've had in a long long time. My body is a bit sore. I am not going to complain though because I loved every second of it. Until next time... God bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment