Monday, January 23, 2012

Sabbath Day

AWe enjoyed our family Sabbath today.  I was disappointed that we didn't get to have our basketball game today, but I trust our administration's decision.   The roads are still pretty awful.  Tomorrow we have a B game against South Hardin.  I hope the weather cooperates.

Back to our Sabbath, we had our home family church today.  I felt led to study the scripture Zephaniah 2.  When I thought I heard the Spirit tell me that scripture I had serious doubt that there even was a Bible book called Zephaniah, but there is, and it was a good lesson in judgement.  We just studied last night at 180 a little bit about judgement so it was fresh in my mind.  It is kind of a sobering topic.  Check that scripture for yourselves and ponder what it may mean for us today in our corrupt nation.

I sold some tables from the stuco building today.  A lady and gentleman from an adult daycare in Dubuque came through the cold and snow to pick them up.  They were a very nice couple.  I hope they can make great use of the tables.  Thank you craigslist.  I've had much better luck selling on there than buying.  We will get into that another time.

The three older kids and I did some sledding in the driveway this evening.  I tied their sled to the back of the lawn tractor and pulled them around.  It was a lot of fun.  Macy was feeling pretty brave and was surfing on the sled.  It is fun to see the kids so happy.  I wish I  had done more stuff like that as a kid.

When I went to sell those tables I scooped a little snow off of the ice.  It looked pretty good except for a patch in the middle that must not have crossness between the rain and the snow.  That part is rough and ridgy like little waves frozen in the ice.  Other than that spot I think the rain put a nice glaze on the top.  We'll have to beg chief Scott for another layer of water.  I also need to repair some of the corner boards where kids got a little aggressive.  Sorry if you bet bored of hearing about hockey stuff.  This is like my journal so I can remember for next year what works and what doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment