Monday, February 20, 2012

A DAY WELL SPENT

This morning my mother brought the 3 older kids and I to see Spirit of Uganda at the Gallagher-Bluedorn. I was skeptical. Anything that has Spirit in the title and isn't blantantly Christian raises a lot of red flags for me. I went along so that my kids wouldn't be exposed to any new age or pagan junk without me there to guide them spiritually. I must say that they stayed away from anything that was actually spiritual. I appreciate that. I did a little research on the organization behind the performance and it seems pretty legit. It's called Empowering African Children. The organization helps orphans in African, of all places. It is not a Christian organization, but it sounds like they do good things. The concert really was amazing. They had young people from age 11-21 performing. They all did an excellent job. The costumes were beautiful and the rhythms were very fun. I was very impressed. They even did one song where the emcee said something about a song that almost sounded Christian. The particular song was from a people group of Uganda and the premise of it was, "how can we not dance and sing when we have a Creator." I'm not sure what kind of creator they subscribe to, but I know the One that I do and He is very worthy of dancing and singing for.

After the show Grandma Pam took us out to eat at Rocco JoJo's. I have always wanted to eat there because we have a child name Rocky and a Child named Josie. It was very good, but they didn't offer us free food or anything.

We headed home and Annie and I releft right away to go to a baby appointment. We got to listen to the baby's heart chug chug and answer lots of questions. Annie's blood pressure is a bit high so we get to have a big jug of urine in our fridge for the next 24 hours. Hopefully it comes back with regular protein or we're going to be getting on the BEDREST TRAIN. I think Annie would rather be boiled in oil than be on bedrest, but she'll do it for little baby Zamira's sake.

After the appointment we had to go to the lab at Allen by way of the ever helpful registration staff. I shouldn't complain. They did work hard to get it right. Then we got to sit in the Lab waiting room for an extended period of time while our paper work was lost and reordered. It really ended up to be a blessing though. We got to talk at length with a really good friend of mine. I used to work at Allen so it was very cool to chat with some of my old coworkers. When I say "old" Vivian I don't mean you, just "old" as in I don't work there any more.

After the trip to the hospital we got to go out for supper. Annie's food was sooooo good. I wish I had ordered what she did. She is very smart. Panda Express walnut shrimp is where it is at. Leave the mushroom chicken alone and get two helpings of the walnut shrimp.

I am in search of a shotgun. I hesitate to put that on here in case my mother ever reads this. We have gone to two sporting goods stores and I have gotten lots of advice from my good friends. I want to be able to hunt deer and dispose of any varmints that may be outside or inside the house. My mother is vehemently opposed to firearms. I need to ask her sometime why exactly. Now that I'm a big boy (mom still buys my underpants) I have begun to buy a few guns. It started with a couple bb guns that were way cheap. Then we jumped up to the Ruger 10-22. Now the Remington 1100 12 ga is my next purchase. I am really glad that I have friend who have a clue about things that I don't.

My wife is great. I like to put that because she is one of the one people who read this thing. I love her so much and she is very pretty. Even if she's on bed rest and I have to wheel her to the bathroom once an hour I'll still love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment