Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pulled Tarp, Broken Heart

We rolled up the ice rink tarp at Stuco today.  I wouldn't be surprised ifthe temperature would drop to -20 for like a month straight.  We only had about two and a half good weeks of hockey this year.  That's not nearly enough, but it did limit the amount of injuries.  The wind was blowing about 25mph while Cameron and I tried to wrangle the 100' x 50' monster.  It was whipping around like me driving the conversion van on the icy Bethel Reformed parking lot.  A couple times if I would have had a better grip it would have flung me about 15' in the air.  At one point I was dragging the tarp and started to think I must be getting pretty strong because it didn't feel very heavy for how big it is.  Then I saw why.  I didn't know Cameron was helping me pull it.  He is apparently very strong.

We took a trip back to the hospital again today.  Annie had another interesting time with Allen's registration department.  We accomplished what we needed to.  Hopefully her numbers come back good. 

Tomorrow is the big night for ministry.  We got a little sidetracked because of some vandalism last week so I have the lesson ready for Herd.  Early Herd is a different story.  I feel like the Spirit wants me to teach about Power and Authority we have from Christ.  It should be interesting.

I blew the brakes out on my truck on Saturday.  Hopefully Scott will be able to fix them soon.  The garbage is piling up nice and high in the garage.  The cats and dogs wreck everything.  They may not survive much longer if Annie has anything to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment