Saturday, March 10, 2012

Dodgeball Tournament Champions!!!

Our team, the Cameron Crazies, won the dodgeball tournament today.  I was definitely not anticipating that.  I told my wife that I would be home by noon.  I figured we would maybe win one, lose our two games, and go home.  The Lord has a sense of humor and he let us 180 guys win it all.  It was really unbelievable.   I am not sure who was more shocked, us or the teams we were beating in the finals.  I will never forget the look on the one team's faces when we caught almost every ball they threw.  It was Crazy, Cameron Crazy!  I am gratelful to the boys for including me.  I said our team name should be 5 Young Bucks and 1 Old Goat. 

I am assuming the Lord was with us because I do not think we would have won otherwise.  We did not have the very best atheletes.  I do have an analysis that would make sense of how or why we won.  It was a blast and I really thank Jesus that I didnt get hurt.  We will have to see how hard it is to get out of bed tomorrow.

On another note.  I was very impressed tonight by the middle school play.  The kids were so well organized and did a wonderful job.  Their director Kelly Voss did a phenomenal job preparing her kids.  It was so much fun to watch.  The costumes were well done and we could really here most of the lines well.  I am very proud of all those young people and Kelly.  I look forward to future performances!

I am going to Aplington Baptist tomorrow.   Apparently they are canditating a new pastor.  We are still searching for a church home.  To make things more interesting the pastor that the ABC just fired is moving back to town this week too.  That might be a bit awkward.  I am very excited for them to be back.  Pastor Dan has two boys that I adore.  They are great young men and I'm looking forward to working with them again.  


No comments:

Post a Comment