Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Herdles Crossed

This week is shaping up to be pretty good for Herds.  I was a little concerned because with baby coming.g early I wasnt sure id be able to get much together but the Lord has provided and it should be good tonight. 

Early Herdos will be learning about Zaccheus.  It is very interesting story and I think it says a lot more about conversion than we give credit for.  Herd will be studying Jesus washing the disciples' feet.   What an amazing example of the humility of the God-man.  It also is a great metaphor for the process of sanctification.  We are already made clean, but we need a continual washing to keep us on track.

Not that it matters in the scheme of things, but I think that the games will be a lot of fun tonight too.  We don't aim just to entertain, but to equip these young people for the Christian life.

What beautiful weather we are having.  I got so much work done outside yesterday.  If things dry off a bit I will be spending a lot of time cutting wood hopefully. 

The new baby has an appointment this morning.  I am anticipating a good report from Annie.  All the other kids got a trip to Urgent Care this morning.  All the kids have been coughing.  We are over the fevers thankfully.  Well my lunch is here so see you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment