Friday, November 13, 2009

NO MORE POPCORN!!!

I love popcorn, but it may have to be outlawed from the Herd. I just got done, after hours of sweeping and vacuuming, cleaning the floor here. No problem, that's what I get payed for. I'm a glorified, maybe not even glorified, I'm a janitor and a babysitter. If I really thought that was true I wouldn't stay working here. The Lord has given me such a great love for these kids and a great desire to see them succeed. So what's a little popcorn and cupcake stuck to the floor, and table, and walls(that last one might be a stretch).

Herd and Early Herd went well this week I think. I had a lot of fun anyway. Someone told me if I'm having fun the kids are probably having fun also. The Early Herd discussed that "God loves you," complete with a Veggietales video. The regular Herd got to learn about how we should talk as Christians in, "It Matters What You Say." I'm still working on the not speaking in anger one on my kids. I learned a lot so I hope they did too. If you hear them using bad language this week tell them, "It Matters What You Say." They might just come next Wednesday and punch me in the nose.

Sunday night we'll have our fine 180 group which would be growing in number if everyone showed up at the same time. It has been really fun getting to know the high school kids that I missed the year before I started helping out here. Next year I should have had all of the high school kids from 180 in Herd at some point so I'll know them a little better.

I've been sneaking into basketball open gym with the high school fellas this week. I just love basketball and this has renewed my passion for it. These boys are really working hard and I think they'll have a difficult time NOT succeeding this year under the direction of Coach Thomas and Speed. They will definitely compete this season as it's been a while since we've had any prowess on the ball court. GO FALCONS! I hope to be able to continue to help, but I have a way busy schedule already and I'm not sure they really need me.

Anyway, enough rambling for one evening. God is good. We might be buying a house again soon. I'm too young to have owned as many houses as we have. Pray for us to get a huge chunk of land with our house. It would be a great place for paintball, 4 wheeling, or camping. I'm praying for it. You pray too would you? Also if you already praying for that you might as well pray for the Student Connection also. We're always in need of direction, wisdom, and strength. God continues to bless this ministry and help us in praying that that continues.

GOD BLESS YOU!!!!

adam

No comments:

Post a Comment