Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dear Diary

Tomorrow is the big day of the week.  I should be reading John 12 and studying.  Valentines day was nice.  The kids gave me really sweet cards.  I ordered them some books on the internet.  I hope they get here soon.  The Grandparents really laid on the presents.  All sorts of candy and toys rolled in today.  We are very blessed to have close relatives who care for us so much.

I got to send pretty much the entire day with Rocky.  He came to "work" with me.  I did not know you can play duck duck goose with only two people, but we did, and it was a blast.  I'm not sure who won.  Rocky played a lot of Ruff Ruffman on the pbskids site.  I hope his iq didn't drop from playing too much video games.

I'm slightly unprepared for tomorrow night.  We have kind of begun a shift I feel.  The group of kids we have seems to be able to handle a little bit more worship and teaching and less games.  I'm not sure if this will decrease the number of kids that come, but so far so good.  We have a responsibility to show them Christ more than entertain them.  Time will tell.  I think this is what the Spirit wants so we will hit it full force.

There is a midde school basketball tournament on Saturday.   It should be interesting since we haven't practiced or played in two weeks.  Oh well.  Sounds like it will be a hodgepodge of players too.  I will just show up and do my best with what we have.

A few joys and I earned our redneck merit badges tonight.  I had a non functioning copy machine in my office.  We brought it out to the farm and pumped it full of lead.  My gun sounds like a cricket compared to Brett's.  It was a lot of fun.  There still plenty of it left for the next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment