Monday, February 13, 2012

School Day

We observed our family Sabbath today.  We had music and a lesson that kind of focused on serving and what is acceptable to do as "work" on the Sabbath.  I am amazed by how much the kids understand.  Josie has been studying Joshua in school so she shared what she has learned.  Macy knows her Bible even more and she told us what she knew about Joshua.  Finally, Rocky got to share about the shouting and the walls coming down.  He must have had that as a lesson at catechism.   He did not want to be left out of the teaching.

Daphne kept Annie and I up most of the night last night.  She was barfing and pooping up a storm.  Hopefully tonight is better.  Annie has definitely entered the uncomfortable stage of her pregnancy.  I am sleeping alone now.  She is unable to lay flat in bed anymore because of baby so she had to move to the recliner.  I feel bad for her.  She does well fro all the trials she endures in pregnancy.  We are less than six weeks away now.   I think she's ready for baby anytime because of her discomfort, but it'd be best if we can squeeze another 4 weeks out of this pregnancy.

Last night 180 was great.  We had a really long time of worship and the kids were very attentive for the lesson.  It was a very hard to understand passage.  John 17 Jesus is Praying for Himself and then us.  It is pretty humbling to know that He was thinking of us in His time of suffering.  We then related back to the woman at the well and how God wants us to be like Jesus.  How He wants us to approach the unapproachable.   I tester all of our students today that they needed to love a Samaritan.  This meaning that they needed to love someone that they or others might think doesn't deserve it.  I hope they follow through.

I listened to AP's tournament game on the radio!  They played really well and we move on to face Hudson on Thursday.  Very exciting that the fellas are playing their best basketball now when it counts the most.

Tomorrow is prep time for herds on Wednesday.   I think the sixth graders are going to learn about prayer.  The older kids have John 12 I believe.  I am looking forward to see what the Spirit has in store for our ministry in the coming months.   It is my hope and prayer that we will see a revival in our area!  God is capable!

No comments:

Post a Comment